NFPA 11: 2016 Edition makes the following recommendations:
- “Different brands of the same type of concentrate shall not be mixed unless data are provided by the manufacturer ... to prove that they are compatible.” (Para. 188.8.131.52)
- “Different types of foam concentrates shall not be mixed for storage.” (Para. 184.108.40.206)
In accordance with NFPA 11: 2016, quality foam concentrates of the same type from different suppliers can be mixed, provided that the supplier presents a Certificate of Compatibility (C of C).
Compatibility testing consists of:
- Freeze / thaw ageing
- Physical property evaluation
- Fire Tray performance testing
To be given a C of C, the foam concentrate should show no reportable adverse reactions.
For further information or to request a copy of any of our Certificates of Compatibility, please contact us.
- Quality foam usually refers to those tested and accredited to International Standards
such as UL 162 or MIL-F-24385-F.
- We recommend that Alcohol Resistant (AR) foams are never mixed.
- In order to maintain EPA 2010/15 compliancy, it is recommended that C6 foams are not mixed with any other foams.