BS EN 13565: Parts 1 & 2
BS EN 13565-1 & BS EN 13565-2 are internationally recognised European Standards regarding Fixed Firefighting Foam Systems.
BS EN 13565 Part 1: 2003
- The standard was introduced by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) in 1998.
- The current revision is BS EN 13565-1: 2003+A1:2007.
- BS EN 13565-1: 2003 covers the requirements and test methods for components of fixed firefighting systems that use foam concentrates.
- Section 7 of the standard refers to the accuracy of the foam system's proportioning components and stipulates that produced foam shall be "not less than the rated concentration" and "not more than 30% above the rated concentration."
- For further information on produced foam testing, please see our Produced Foam Testing page.
BS EN 13565 Part 2: 2009
- The standard was introduced by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) in 2004.
- The current revision is BS EN 13565-2: 2009.
- BS EN 13565-2: 2009 covers the design, construction and maintenance of fixed firefighting systems that use foam concentrates.
- Section 11 of the standard refers to required annual inspections of foam systems, and stipulates that "a test of the proportioner and associated fittings" shall be done annually "in accordance with the tolerance given in EN 13565-1."
- Section 11 also stipulates that the quality of stored foam concentrates shall be annually checked "by competent and trained foam laboratory personnel."
- For further information on foam concentrate testing, please see our Foam Concentrate Testing page.